This statement is untrue. If it was a valid statement at one point in the past, it shouldn't be right now because...
...unless what you're doing is rocket science, you can:
• Find people who are capable
• Teach them what they need to know
• Coach them through creating experiential expertise
• Be patient with the time it will take
There are certainly people who can do anything any of us do as well as if not better than we have.
• Delegation isn't always comfortable at first.
• Delegation is one of the crucial keys to scaling performance.
• Delegation (done well) takes some time & effort.