Your NEXT BIG THING? Research* shows that it's likely to fail in some way. Not because it wasn't the right play. But because...
...of self-inflicted wounds in execution.
If it's the NEXT BIG THING
then definitionally it must require
significant investment of multiple teams:
• etc, etc, etc
If it doesn't,
it's probably not your NEXT BIG THING.
SCORE YOUR 'NEXT BIG THING' ON THE FOLLOWING:
(1 point for each)
1. Systematic approach
2. Consistent, frequent exec-leadership team visibility & discussion
3. Singular accountable cross-functional leader
4. Explicitly accountable functional team members
5. Explicit time allocation design ('day job' vs strategic initiative)
6. Meticulous meeting & communication design
7. Meticulous decisioning & conflict resolution process
8. Precise goals, success metrics, milestones & progress measures
9. Dedicated project management (individual owner + platform)
10. Consistent optimization process (for each of the above)
What's your score?
Greater 80% or greater?