Uncomfortable? Embarrassing? Disappointing? This isn't how it feels to be wrong. That's how you feel when...
...you *realize* you're wrong.
When you're wrong it usually feels
>>>EXACTLY LIKE BEING RIGHT<<<
(up until the moment you realize you're wrong).
Keep this in mind
if you're CERTAIN that you know
exactly how to solve your $10M+ problems,
or to capture your $10M+ opportunities.
Even if you currently feel right
can you admit you may be wrong about...
• Your customers' real problems & pain points
• The value of your product differentiation
• Your GTM strategy
• The clarity of your messaging
• How to attract & retain the best employees
• Whatever big agenda you're pushing on everyone
Even if you currently feel right,
can you admit that you may be wrong
and you need help...
• understanding if you're drinking your own Kool-Aid
• being directly (and vigorously) challenged
• objectively considering uncomfortable alternate POVs
What's the highest stakes agenda
you're pushing this fiscal year or quarter?
Note: Credit & thanks to •Jason Jaggard for a far more elegant way to articulate this concept than I have been over the past several years.